ABES Engineering, a growing civil engineering firm is seeking a Civil Engineer Professional. The work can be done remotely, hybrid, or in the office. The engineer can be located in Memphis or Nashville or Louisville. Other locations are welcome as well.
The Civil Engineer Professional will be responsible for developing civil designs and management in support of Water projects company-wide. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
The Civil Group Leader will provide design and project management support for a variety of water and wastewater projects, but the majority of the expected assignments will be related to:
- Developing civil designs for improvements to existing water and wastewater treatment facilities and collection and distribution system improvements.
- Site planning, design and layout
- Site development including grading, paving, and stormwater drainage
- Site access, security and fencing for wide variety of secure facilities
- Truck access, load out stations and deliveries
- Managing a team, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to standardization
The successful candidate will have great opportunities for professional and career development from senior leaders. This engineer will also be included in client meetings and at industry conferences to serve as a subject matter expert.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop staff
- Manage production of engineering projects and staff workload
- Provide Quality Assurance/Quality Control for project deliverables
- Develop scopes, budgets, and schedules for project proposals
- Serve as Project Manager or technical lead for some moderate to complex projects, delivering excellent work on-schedule and on-budget
- Develop technical standards and resources for the firm
- Participate actively in the local engineering / client community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited institution
- Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain that within 6 months of employment
- 10+ years of experience relevant to civil design, grading, sanitary sewer, and stormwater design
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution
- Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Tennessee
- Resident of the Memphis area
- Capable of working effectively in a flexible hybrid/remote work environment
- Familiar with engineering, construction management, and CAD project tools such as, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, ProCore, Primavera P6.
- Proficient with typical office software packages such as Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint;
- Knowledgeable of construction and constructability practices and principles
- Comfortable with and energized by the challenges and opportunities of work at an emerging firm early in its growth
- Existing personal network of clients and business partners is a plus
- Additional relevant professional certifications is a plus
- Must have a basic understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control) required for the implementation of water/wastewater infrastructure improvements
- NCEES Registration
- Storm water design experience including HEC-RAS/HMS
- Experience with Bentley software to include MicroStation, InRoads, Hammer, WaterGems and SewerGems
- Experience with Innovyze software to include InfoWater and InfoSewer (within ArcGIS)
- Previous experience as manager in charge of process design, including detailed plans and specifications, for major water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects